101 S. Shady Shores Rd.
Shady Shores, TX 76208
940-498-0044 x 110
Hours: 9:00 am- 2:00 pm; Monday-Friday
Questions to consider when providing description:
Open cut, bore, directional drilling, aerial installation, etc.
If by bore, then what type of bore process? Horizontal directional drilling?
Casing pipe material and size?
Where will the entry and receiving pits be located (how far off the road)?
What is the minimum depth of cover?
Are any full or partial street closures planned?
Any open cut of paving planned?
If your scope of work in this submittal includes work on private property you shall either provide the City with the existing easement document – Denton County Clerk’s Office site:
secure an easement and provide the Town a copy of the filed easement or provide the Town with a Letter of Permission from the property owner that allows you to perform work or install facilities on the property in the location indicated on your drawings.
* not all-inclusive
1. Notify the Town of Shady Shores Development Department at 940-498-0044:
2. For multiple, unconnected locations, provide a separate permit for each location
3. Time of day traffic control plans will be applicable, and what is to be done outside allowed times for work in the right of way (barricades to be removed or remain in place, trench plates to be utilized, advance warning signs to be removed or put in place, etc...)
4. Provide/allow ten (10) business days for a completed application to be processed
5. All required traffic control devices shall be at the sole expense of the applicant/contractor
6. Certificate of insurance in accordance with the Town's requirements
7. Provide access at all times to affected property owners
8. Town of Shady Shores Right of Way/Utility Work Permit is required to be on the job site at all times
9. Proper erosion control measures shall be taken
10. Follow Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices measures for work in traffic zones
11. The area shall be returned to a condition as good as or better than it was prior to its disturbance
12. Disturbed areas shall be regraded with suitable top soil and sod placed as needed
All replacement sod needs to be watered for a minimum of 2 weeks before a permit can be closed out.
13. Follow all Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards at all times
14. All damages in disturbed areas shall be repaired or replaced prior to the expiration of the permit. The public inconvenience fee may be assessed if turned over to the Public Works Department for repair.
15. Repair any damages to existing utilities, including clean-outs, water valves, sewer manholes, etc. Coordinate all repairs with LCMUA and provide the Town evidence of its approval of completed repairs. Contact LCMUA at 940-497-2999; www.lcmua.org.
16. Compaction testing (densities) shall be required for backfill materials, and any paving subgrade, base course material, and asphalt concrete paving. Concrete compressive strength testing shall be required for all horizontal paving. Testing of other materials as deemed necessary by the Town shall also be required.
17. No work shall be performed on collectors and above roadways except between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. No Bores are allowed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday or after 4 PM on Monday through Thursday.
18. Streets, sidewalks, and drainage ditches shall be kept free of debris and construction materials
19. NO missiles are allowed for use in the Right of Way or private easements. (Missile bores are not steerable and can go off course.)
20. Coordinate with LCMUA on water and sewer location to avoid potential conflicts
21. Depending on location, the permittee may need to contact Upper Trinity Regional Water District (UTRWD) for locations within Shady Shores. www.utrwd.com/contact
22. Texas811 shall be contacted and existing utilities marked in advance of construction, and coordination with those franchise utilities may be necessary to avoid conflicts.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE RIGHT-OF-WAY USER AND/OR PERMIT HOLDER SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE TOWN FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OCCASIONED BY ANY ACT AND/OR OMISSION OCCURRING IN CONNECTION WITH ITS USE OR OCCUPATION OF THE RIGHT OF WAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL EXCAVATION, ABOVE GROUND OR UNDERGROUND, CONSTRUCTION OR REPAIR OF EXISTING EQUIPMENT, ADDITION OR REMOVAL OF EQUIPMENT FROM THE RIGHT OF WAY OR EQUIPMENT LOCATED THEREIN, REGARDLESS OF OWNERSHIP OF THAT EQUIPMENT, AND/OR ANY OTHER WORK OF ANY NATURE WITHIN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY, AND SUBJECT TO STATE LAW, THE RIGHT-OF-WAY USER SHALL FULLY INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND THE TOWN, ITS COUNCILMEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND VOLUNTEERS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL SUITS, ACTIONS, JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, COSTS, DEMANDS, CLAIMS, EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES), DAMAGES, AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND TO WHICH THE TOWN, ITS COUNCILMEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND VOLUNTEERS MAY BE SUBJECTED FOR INJURY OF ANY TYPE, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH ACT AND/OR OMISSION. THE TOWN WILL PROMPTLY NOTIFY A PERMITTEE, OR RIGHT-OF-WAY USER, IN WRITING, AT THE ADDRESS SET FORTH IN THE PERMIT, OR LAST KNOWN ADDRESS, OF ANY CLAIM, SUIT OR DEMAND SERVED UPON THE CITY AND ALLEGING NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL CONDUCT BY THE PERMITTEE OR RIGHT-OF-WAY USER IN CONNECTION WITH AN EXCAVATION OR THAT ALLEGES NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL CONDUCT BY THE TOWN FOR USE OR OCCUPATION OF THE RIGHT OF WAY AS RELATED TO USE OR OCCUPATION OF THE RIGHT-OFWAY BY PERMITTEE HOLDER OR RIGHT-OF-WAY USER
By entering the applicant's name, I have read, understand, and agree to the above.
As of September 1st, 2022 the $50.00 plan review fee will be due in order to start the permit process. Applicants will receive an email from the Permit Department with instructions once the application has been accepted. The plan review fee will be included as part of the final fees and is non-refundable. If the $50.00 plan review fee is not paid within 30 days, the application will be voided and the fee will be collected again in order to re-start the application process.
The Undersigned applicant certifies that the project described herein will be built according to plans and specifications submitted at them of application. All provisions of laws and ordinances governing this type of work will be complied with whether specified herein or not. Granting of a permit does not presume to give authority to violate or cancel the provision of any local or state law regulating construction or the performance of construction.
When a permit has not been issued within 180 days following the date of application, the application and plan review will expire.
The town does not assume responsibility for the workability of sanitary sewer on all lots.
A Certificate of Occupancy must be issued before any building is occupied.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field