Solid Waste Service
The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Republic Services for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services.
TRASH PICK-UP DAY
Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm, so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- Household waste should be bagged and placed inside of a Republic Services solid waste cart.
- Republic Services will continue to collect 5 cubic yards of bulk and brush outside the cart each week.
- Republic Services provides each resident with one solid waste cart (blue), and one recycle cart (green).
- Extra carts may be requested for an additional charge of $9.00 per month.
- Use of personal carts, wagons, or other items may result in a missed collection or personal items removed. Town of Shady Shores and Republic Services are not responsible for the removal of personal items (including personal trash cans/carts) that are left in the collection area.
Acceptable items include
- Furniture and appliances
- Household items
- Remodeling debris generated from home projects
- White goods -Refrigerators/Freezers etc. (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercially generated brush and landscape materials
- Bricks, concrete, shingles
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tree trunks
- Any bags or boxes weighing more than 50 pounds.
GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
- Brush, leaves, and loose items must be containerized or bundled. Grass clippings and leaves should be placed in yard waste bags, do not put loose yard waste in the container.
- Limbs should not be greater than six (6) inches in diameter, weigh no more than 50 lbs., and be no longer than 10ft.
- All recycling items must be placed in the green recycle cart
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
Recyclables should be clean and dry, free from all food or liquid.
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. Beginning April 1, 2023, the regular rate for service is $67.61. A discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) is $62.72.
$15.00 late will be assessed to delinquent accounts.
Additional cart $9.00 per month or $27.00 (before tax) per quarter
Payments may be made by check, cash, or money order.
We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted; however, a convenience charge will apply.
- Contract For Service
- Create my online account
- Bank Draft Auto Pay form
- Sign up for Credit Card Auto Pay
- disconnect request
Please contact our Solid Waste Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-498-0044 ext. 120.
|Due Date||For Service Months|
|December 15||January, February, March|
|March 15||April, May, June|
|June 15||July, August, September|
|September 15||October, November, December|
|$15.00 Late Fee assessed to delinquent accounts.||Dec. 20, March 20, June 20. Sept 20|
Camelot Landfill Information
Using the Camelot Landfill
The landfill is located at:
580 Huffines Blvd.
Lewisville, TX 75056
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I dispose of tires?
How do I dispose of paint?
If the can of paint is completely dried out, you may place it in the solid waste cart with the rest of your waste. You can also add kitty litter to the wet paint until it is absorbed to a solid substance and then place the can in the cart with your waste.
How do I dispose of large Fluorescent Light Bulbs?
fluorescent light bulbs are considered hazardous waste. Residents may take them to the Denton Landfill or Clean Earth Inc 866-303-7344