The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Republic Services for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services.
TRASH PICK UP DAY
Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- Republic Services will continue to collect 5 cubic yards of bulk and brush outside the cart each week.
Acceptable items include
- Furniture and appliances
- Household items
- Remodeling debris generated from home projects
- White goods -Refrigerators/Freezers etc (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercially generated brush and landscape materials
- Bricks, concrete, shingles
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tree trunks
- Any bags or boxes weighing more than 50 pounds.
GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
- Brush, leaves and loose items must be containerized or bundled.
- All recycling items must be placed in the green recycle cart
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
Recyclables should be clean and dry free from all food or liquid.
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. The regular rate for service is $62.36. There is a discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) of $58.17. Payments may be made by check, cash or money order. We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted however a convenience charge will apply.
- application for service
- Create my online account
- Bank Draft Auto Pay form
- Sign up for Credit Card Auto Pay
- disconnect request
Please feel free to contact our Solid Waste Department at email@example.com or 940-498-0044 ext. 120.