Solid Waste Service
The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Republic Services for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services.
TRASH PICK-UP DAY
Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- Household waste should be bagged and placed inside of a Republic Services solid waste cart.
- Republic Services will continue to collect 5 cubic yards of bulk and brush outside the cart each week.
- Republic Services provides each resident with one solid waste cart (blue) and one recycle cart (green).
- Extra carts may be requested for an additional charge of $9.00 per month.
- Use of personal carts, wagons, or other items may result in a missed collection, or personal items removed. Town of Shady Shores and Republic Services are not responsible for the removal of personal items (including personal trash cans/carts) that are left in the collection area.
Acceptable items include
- Furniture and appliances
- Household items
- Remodeling debris generated from home projects
- White goods -Refrigerators/Freezers etc (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercially generated brush and landscape materials
- Bricks, concrete, shingles
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tree trunks
- Any bags or boxes weighing more than 50 pounds.
GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
- Brush, leaves, and loose items must be containerized or bundled. Grass clipping and leaves should be placed in yard waste bags, do not put loose yard waste in the container.
- Limbs should not be greater than six (6) inches in diameter, weigh no more than 50 lbs., and be no longer than 10ft.
- All recycling items must be placed in the green recycle cart
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
Recyclables should be clean and dry free from all food or liquid.
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. Beginning July 1, 2022, the regular rate for service is $64.74. There is a discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) of $60.23.
Additional cart $9.00 per month or $27.00 per quarter
Payments may be made by check, cash or money order.
We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted however a convenience charge will apply.
- Contract For Service
- Create my online account
- Bank Draft Auto Pay form
- Sign up for Credit Card Auto Pay
- disconnect request
Please feel free to contact our Solid Waste Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-498-0044 ext. 120.
|Due Date||For Service Months|
|December 15||January, February, March|
|March 15||April, May, June|
|June 15||July, August, September|
|September 15||October, November, December|
Camelot Landfill Information
Using the Camelot Landfill
The landfill is located at:
580 Huffines Blvd.
Lewisville, TX 75056