The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Republic Services for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services. Service with the new provider begins May 5, 2021. CWD will service and remove your carts on Wednesday, April 28th, so please place your carts out by 7 am on that day. Republic will begin delivering new carts on April 28th finishing through the end of the week.
TRASH PICK UP DAY
Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- Republic Services will continue to collect 5 cubic yards of bulk and brush outside the cart each week.
Acceptable items include
- Furniture and appliances
- Household items
- Remodeling debris generated from home projects
- White goods -Refrigerators/Freezers etc (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercially generated brush and landscape materials
- Bricks, concrete, shingles
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tree trunks
- Any bags or boxes weighing more than 50 pounds.
GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
- Brush, leaves and loose items must be containerized or bundled.
- All recycling items must be placed in the green recycle cart
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
Recyclables should be clean and dry free from all food or liquid.
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. The regular rate for service is $62.36. There is a discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) of $58.17. Payments may be made by check, cash or money order. We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted however a convenience charge will apply.