- Keep Shady Shores Beautiful
- Keep Shady Shores Beautiful Events
Keep Shady Shores Beautiful Events
2023 Shady Shores -SPRING CLEAN- Great American Clean Up
The Great American Clean-up is an ongoing yearly event from January 16 - May 12, 2023. During that timeframe, KSSB encourages the Shady Shores community to Spring Clean Shady Shores through a variety of events.
February 15 -Clean Up event along West Shady combined with the Mayor's Walk
March -Keep Texas Waterways Clean- March 22, Clean Up event Big Sandy lakefront and South Shady Shores roadways along the bridges.
April- Don't Mess With Texas Trash Off- April 22, Household Collection and Arbor Day event at Town Hall.
After you drop off your items...
stay and visit with our community partners:
USACE- water safety, outdoor and trail safety
Lake Cities Take a Plant Leave a Plant
Blue Sky Agriscaping
TX Native Plant Society
Keep Shady Shores Beautiful
Plan to attend our presentations
10:00 AM Roots Lawn Care
11:00 AM Welcoming Pollinators to Your Yard by TX Native Plant Society
No HAZARDOUS WASTE or TIRE collections at this event
** Items are recycled off-site
All Apple products
All cables and cords, power supplies
All internal components
BATTERIES: Cell Phone Battery
Credit card machines
Flash Memory Cards
Ink Jet cartridges
LCD Computer Monitors
SIM Cards/Chipped Security Cards
Surround Sound Consoles
UPS battery backups
Video Game Equipment
Wire - all kinds
Computer Crusher does NOT accept TVs, or CRT Monitors
**Items are shredded onsite
- Paper clips and staples do not need to be removed to be shredded.
- Small Spiral Notebooks are fine.
- Basic and Hanging File folders are fine
- File Folders with thin Aluminum Brads/Fasteners are fine. (Remove the metal strip if equipped)
- Tape Bound Books are fine
- No Plastic based items, to include Sheet Protectors, X-rays, VHS tapes, etc.
- No Hardback Books (Hardbacks should be removed prior to arrival)
- No Spiral Bound Books (Spirals should be removed prior to arrival)
- No Binder Clips, or hard metal items
- No Binders to include 2-ring, 3-ring, etc, Notebooks, etc (Remove paper from these items prior to arrival)
- No Hazardous Substances, any material considered toxic or dangerous, or which is regulated under any federal or state law or regulation relating to hazardous materials.
- No wet or damp paper
The following is ACCEPTED:
Clothing- all types and sizes
Jewelry and Accessories
Household items (bath and kitchen items)
Small home decor
The following is NOT ACCEPTED by Donate 2 Impact:
Used AC/Heating units (will take NEW in box)
Soiled, torn, damaged, or pet-stained furniture
Building materials (bricks, lumber, fence posts, tile, etc)
Hospital beds/adjustable beds
Wet, rusty, or broken items
Tube TV, Tube CRT, and DLP (projection) TV