The Adopt-A-Spot program is intended to showcase our residents' commitment to the love of community, and natural beauty by providing opportunities to keep the Town of Shady Shores beautiful.
WHO CAN ADOPT-A-SPOT?
- Youth Groups
- HOA Associations
- Hiking and biking enthusiasts
- Schools and school clubs
- Church Groups
- Scouting Groups
- Non-profit groups
- Special Interest Clubs
Adopting a spot offers individuals an opportunity to give back to the community and teach children about community responsibility, and gain valuable volunteer experience.
WHAT ARE THE ADOPTERS RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Adoption Length is One Year
- Conduct a minimum of 6 clean-ups per year
- Submit a clean-up results report
- Leave trash collected at the designated site for pick up
- Let the town know when you will be conducting your clean-up.
- Fill Out Volunteer Form in its entirey
- For a group, fill in the additional group section
- Each group member should submit the Additional Group Members Cert. and Ack. Form
- Name your group and the spot you and/or your group has committed to cleaning
- Make sure the adoption papers are signed by the group leader
- Attach a map or a detailed description of the adopted spot
- Schedule your first cleanup/beautification project
- Conduct 6 clean up/beautification events per year
WHAT DOES THE KEEP SHADY SHORES BEAUTIFUL COMMITTEE PROVIDE?
- Provide and install a sign at the designated Adopt-A-Spot Location
- Adopt A Spot Adoption Certificate
- List the spot adopted and participants on the website and other social media platforms
- Trash bags, safety vests and gloves and other supplies as needed.
* The Following locations are suggestions only, interested groups are welcome to propose their own spot or street.
|Big Sandy Boat Ramp||The Belton Family||April 2021-April 2022|
|S. Shady Shores Road Bridge|
|Corner of Olives S. Shady Shores & Fritz|
|Smokey Lane||Sheila Rodriguez||June 2021-June 2022|
|Lakeshore||Sheila Rodriguez||June 2021-June 2022|